Golf Buddy Platinum
The Golf Buddy Platinum GPS Rangefinder is an update to the Golf Buddy World and Golf Buddy World Platinum, with a straightforward user interface, good graphics and all the basic features.
It comes with all worldwide courses preloaded and requires no subscription fees to access updates from the course database.
The Golf Buddy Platinum requires neither software installation nor initial downloading, good to go after charging, which takes approximately 4 hours from a drained battery.
The Golf Buddy Platinum provides a large number of pre-mapped targets and hazards and is extremely easy to add personal custom points.
It provides the basics that should be adequate for most players.
The Golf Buddy Platinum is accurate within the standard margin of error for GPS devices, in the range of approximately 4 yards.
Its illustrated maps are generally accurate in their portrayal of holes and greens.
Check Out this Review:
Golf Buddy Platinum Features:
- 4.3” x 2.5” x 1” dimensions
- 2.6” x 1.6” screen size
- 5.6 ounce weight
- 18 hours battery life
- 35,000 courses
- package includes USB to mini USB data cable, power adaptor, plastic holster/belt clip, GolfBuddy Platinum Quick Start Guide and warranty card
Golf Buddy Platinum Pros & Cons:
- easy to use with solid interface
- full hole graphics
- exceptional course coverage
- good number of pre-mapped targets
- ability to easily add more points
- touch screen allows users to view a diagram of the hole and the green, including adjusting the hole location, distance to any spot on the hole and list of pre-selected targets
- users can add targets to any course
- screen contrast is a noticeable improvement from previous models
- ProPlay mode includes shot distance measurement and multiple round statistical analysis for fairways hit, greens in regulation, sand saves, putting
- no additional fees
- get your very own Golf Buddy Platinum right here and now!
- touch screen needs sensitivity and visibility improvements
- software syncing and past scorecard saving not up to par
- mapping errors
- lack of key hazard pre-mapping
What People Say about the Golf Buddy Platinum:
“I did not purchase from Amazon, but from my local golf shop to take on a test run. Previously used an app for my phone, but found the unlocking and many screen touches to be too distracting and interrupt the flow of the game. This little device is awesome. Lasts 3 rounds on a charge. Turn it on at the course and after finding the satellites, picks up the course and starting hole, even if you start on back 9. Automatically moves to the next hole without screen interaction. Single touch zooms into green to get front, middle and back yardages. Friends have laser range finder, but again, it becomes too cumbersome to me and the few yards of accuracy isn’t worth the trouble. Great tool, highly recommend.” – david
“I have used GolfBuddy Platinum before and recently ordered a new one for my wife, great product, durable and very easy to use. Touch screen is great and targeting around the course is very helpful. Scores and stats lets you track your progress round by round. The best part is no annual fee. I’ve played in several states and never had a problem with the unit.
The only thing I don’t like is when you play a course with 3 nine hole courses the unit will not total the entire score at the end. Other than that GolfBuddy is a must have for any golfer.” – Thomas
“I have seen a lot of golf GPSs but Golf Buddy Platinum for the price is above the rest. It has no fees ever and more courses then most. This GPS is very easy to up date and load new courses. Best screen I have ever used and much more. I used my Golf Buddy in the USA and Canada all the golf courses I golfed were up to date.” – Werner Redel