Garmin Approach G7
Garmin Approach G7 is a scaled down version of the G8, without the WiFi and Pin Pointer feature, but with PlaysLike Distance feature, showing adjusted range for uphill and downhill shots and Smart Notification feature, receiving emails, texts and alerts right on the device.
Compact and rugged, it features a rechargeable battery that plays 15 hours on a single charge and gives precise distances for over 30,000 international courses, with free updates for life.
The Garmin Approach G7 offers Big Numbers Mode for easier viewing and a bright, sunlight readable 2.6” touchscreen for more vivid color-coded layup arcs, Touch Targetting and manual pin placement.
The Garmin Approach G7 provides precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green as well as lay-up yardages on tricky doglegs.
It has built-in Club Suggestions, which remembers how far each club is hit, making the golfer confident that the club in his hands is the one for a given shot.
The Garmin Approach G7 also has Handicap Scoring options for Stableford, Skins and Matchplay and hosts a digital scorecard up to 4 players, which also provides fairways hit, GIR and putts per round comparisons.
Check Out this Review:
Garmin Approach G7 Features:
- tough and durable 2.6”, 160×240 pixeled color multi-touch display
- precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green & lay-ups on doglegs
- PlaysLike Distance feature for range adjustments on uphill or downhill shots
- Club Suggestion feature for remembering how far each club hits
Garmin Approach G7 Pros & Cons:
- cheaper than G8
- retains the sleek design of the G6
- pinpoints any target on the course
- displays lay-up arcs at 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards
- online portal for score uploading and progress tracking over time via Garmin Connect
- get your very own Garmin Approach G7 right here and now!
- slightly smaller screen than G8
- lacks ability to point in the direction of the center of the green for blind shots
- no ability to download course updates via WiFi
- illegal for tournament play
What People Say about the Garmin Approach G7:
“The Garmin Approach G7 works great. It powers up quick and the battery life is ever bit as good as advertised. Distance is accurate and the distance adjustment for uphill and downhill is very helpful. The screen is also very bright and clear even in bright sunlight. The G7 is a very good buy and will not disappoint the buyer.” – Kenneth Brown
“Saw some complaints versus the G6 but think G7 is worth the extra $50: better styling (like the white) and you can turn off/don’t use the iron selection and actual play distance features if you’re in a tournament. If not in a tourney, great to see actual play-like distance along with measured distance. I took a look at the G6 in stores and G7 seemed to have better graphics and better fit in hand.
I do agree that the bluetooth features are a bit much — I don’t use these or the scorecarding much. The one con I have is that entire hole layout doesn’t pop up sometimes just shows distance to hole or green view. And there isn’t a forcing option to view entire hole if it doesn’t show – would definitely be helpful if you want to layup. Other than that, satisfied with product.” – Alex Cedro
“Simply Amazing! Fast, accurate and easy to use. A must have in any golfer’s bag! Changes to the course I’m on almost automatically!” – Kindle Customer