Izzo Swami 3000
The Izzo Swami 3000 is an entry level golf GPS device providing foolproof access to the most basic distances to the front, center and back of the green but ONLY basic distances.
It is best suited as a nice introduction to golf GPS devices for beginners and golfers not as comfortable with technology.
The Izzo Swami 3000 is the first Izzo device to include preloaded courses on the device, so taking it straight to the golf course is not only a possibility but a fact.
The Izzo Swami 3000 is very light, easy to keep in the pocket during play and straightforward to use, with large and easy to read distance indicating text.
It encourages laser-like focus on the green, which is a boon to some players, as no distractions by providing a wealth of info stands above ball evaluation of the next shot.
The Izzo Swami 3000 is perfect for players spending all their time in fairways and play courses extremely well as they need only distances to the front, middle and back of greens.
Check Out this Review:
Izzo Swami 3000 Features:
- 2 1/2” x 4” x 1” H x W x D dimensions and 3 oz weight
- simple, fast and accurate
- features Insta-Lok technology and powered by the latest SIRFStarIII chip for instantaneous calculation of distances to the front, center and back of the green
- preloaded with over 19,000 courses
- course name displayed right on screen
- no course uploading hassles, neither requiring subscription or a computer
- easy to use buttons and large display allows for quickly cycling from hole to hole for quicker play
- internal rechargeable lithium ion battery holding a single charge for 12 to 15 hours
- includes AC wall charger, belt clip and USB cord
Izzo Swami 3000 Pros & Cons:
- one of the lightest, smallest and least expensive golf GPS devices
- easy to read distances
- get your very own Izzo Swami 3000 right here and now!
- only provides distances to front, center and back of green
- no additional targets
- more variable distance readings compared to competition
- not compatible with Macs
What People Say about the Izzo Swami 3000:
“Can not find a better golf GPS this this. Purchase price is low, endurance is great, warranty unbeatable and all the courses you will ever need are already loaded. I have a Callaway one that I bought for four times the amount and I don’t use it nearly as much as my Izzo. Nothing fancy, no color, no hazards no frills just distances. Center, front, back to the pin. If you need more than that hire a caddy. Third year and still ticking.” – orlando schiavoni
“I was originally going to return this. Initially I couldn’t get it past the finding satellites but it was an extremely cloudy day. I have found it to be pretty accurate. I would recommend that if you buy it that you hook it up to your computer and download the updates. It was missing a golf course that was about 5 years old. The process to update is extremely easy. Overall I am glad I bought it. I do occasionally have to turn it on twice to get it to recognize the satellites.” – LibNJustice
“The product is easy to use, just turn it on and it selects the course you’re playing. It charges quickly and is good for two rounds. The information provided is very basic and you must advance it manually to view the next hole. It gives yardage to the front, middle and center of the green. There are no displays to hazards or lay-ups. When yardage is compared to a Garmin attached to the carts at my course, most readings are within 2-3 yards although a few times it can be 8-9 yards. It’s basic but I couldn’t expect more of the Swami because of its very low cost. If you want a fairly reliable GPS at low cost, this is a good buy.” – Dan M