Garmin Approach S1W
The Garmin Approach S1W provides accurate distances and is easy to use.
It can really help in honing in on what club to use for each and every shot, with its accuracy making it easier to decide which club to use.
The Garmin Approach S1W is a definite recommendation for anyone who wants to know their distances out on the course without having to worry about a phone app.
The Garmin Approach S1W is quite comfortable to wear and after a hole or two, is barely realized being worn.
Its read distances match up perfectly to what was marked on the scoreboard and its GPS is so precise and sensitive, adjusting even after a step in one direction or another.
The Garmin Approach S1W knows when hole changes occur and automatically advances to the new hole stats without need to do anything.
Check Out this Review:
Garmin Approach S1W Features:
- comes in two colors, black or white
- displays precise yardages to the back, front, and middle of the green; this is nice since pin locations are always changing
- comes with all the courses built in; no need to download any software
- waterproof, rechargeable, and has an odometer that can be used on or off the course
- displays the Par for the selected hole as little dots on the display
Garmin Approach S1W Pros & Cons:
- is a watch so you don’t have to break it out every time you want to check a distance
- there is an automatic hole advance feature
- automatically finds the closest courses to you so you can easily pick which one you are playing
- can be used as an everyday watch and includes an alarm
- has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery so you will never need to worry about replacing a battery
- battery life holds up quite well
- get your very own Garmin Approach S1W right here and now!
- does not give much extra information, e.g., location of hazards or distance to the bend in the fairway, other than the distance and par of the hole
What People Say about the Garmin Approach S1W:
“This golf watch is very easy to use. I have used it on several other courses in other states since I got it in September and the satellite link was always successful. I have also used it to measure distances walked and this function is useful for determining how much exercise you get in walking. (miles) When finished using the satellite, it reverts to a timepiece which is very convenient. I would recommend this for those who only want to know front, middle or back distances to green and who don’t mind wearing a watch while playing golf. I had not been in the habit of wearing one, but this is very light and doesn’t interfere with my game. I like not having to grab for a distance measuring device, pick it up and put it down before swinging the club. This is easier. “ – MH
“I love my new GPS golf watch. It automatically gives me the distance to the front, middle and back of the green. I am amazed at the difference it made it my game. I really like the fact that it comes preloaded with US courses. All I had to do was charge it and play.” – Eileen
“It does everything they said it would. I have played 3 different courses with it and it found the courses quickly and accurately. It is a very useful tool, and I like the looks of it alot. I am very satisfied with my purchase.” – James C. Recht